Post by Rigil Kent on Mar 24, 2018 19:25:21 GMT -6
I thought I actually did have a list of items for Andrei, but evidently did not. Maybe I did and it ended up getting deleted or something. Anyway, with Andrei, I'm going to steer clear of weaponry because I'm intending on (as I gather the appropriate monies) upgrading his father's sword. (For what it's worth, as I upgrade the weapon, I'm actually going to randomly determine what the bonuses are ... presuming they make sense (so a sword with the thundering SQ is valid but probably doesn't make a lot of sense) with the conceit that he's "waking the ancestral spirit" in the blade - I had an interesting idea of maybe his father's spirit being within the sword somehow.)
Since he's a fighter-cavalier type, that means I need to focus on defense:
1. Improved armor. While he can wear Heavy armor, one of his cavalier abilities allows him to move at normal speed (30') while in Medium Armor, so he'd either need to stick with that or get some mithril heavy armor. Right now, he's got MW Agile Breastplate but yeah, he'd love some mithril full plate that's magical. Although ... I must admit ... the Equestrian Plate would be really, really neat... Yeah. I like that. It's weird but neat.
2. Magical shield. The Lion's Shield is pretty cool though for special effect, it totally needs to be a Raven's Shield instead (works the same way, just looks different.)
3. Belt of Physical Might. Oh, man, those are awesome. He totally wants one.
4. Something that allows him to See Invisibility. A headband, perhaps, or ear ring or something. And because I like twisting magical items, maybe it doesn't allow him see invisible things per se, but rather "hear" them or something (so it's like Blindsense but only versus invis.) FREX.
5. Something off the wall: a magical banner of some sort, perhaps, or maybe a magical tabard that does something cool but doesn't seem to be so to him, like maybe it gives him a CHA bump ala the Cloak of Charisma but simultaneously means he draws 'aggro' all the time during combat.
Last Edit: Mar 24, 2018 19:42:58 GMT -6 by Rigil Kent