Post by Rigil Kent on Sept 17, 2009 10:50:19 GMT -6
Right, depending upon what we accomplish in regards to the M&M that zenwolf is working on, I'm planning on taking the remainder of the time to work on SW characters. Unfortunately, this will include everyone hand-filling out character sheets based on the stat block I sent you since LucasArts is insane and refuses to allow any character generators to exist. On the bright side, this will allow you to make notes to explain what certain talents or feats do for you in your own crazy shorthand.
I'd also like to work on some background elements. Personally, I have no problem with the PLAYERS knowing things about the other characters, but that's entirely up to you guys.
Post by Rigil Kent on Sept 20, 2009 17:50:45 GMT -6
This is sort of a repeat of a previous question, although it would be more accurate to say that it was an attempt to seek clarification from the players.
Give me THREE major things that you (as a player) want to see your character do or be involved in. Generic responses - fight in a battle, kill a dude, etc. - are right out. I want some specificity, like the sort of backdrop as you do this task (unusual locations, like a 'city in the clouds' or 'on a lava planet'.) Gigermann had a nice, helpful notion back when he said he wanted his dude to "shoot the Supreme Chancellor in front of the assembled Senate ala Jack Bauer."
Along those lines, what sort of Destiny do you have in mind for your character? For example, do you want to Discover something or someone? Redeem someone (possibly including yourself)? That sort of thing.
1. Being captured by sith and tortured or seduced back to the dark side. I picture this happening in a ship with a clear floor. I am held in place and forced to look into the black in an attempt to drive me mad. (perhaps?) 2. Infiltrate a " heavy cruiser" or manufacturing plant. I sneak past guards the guards to steal valuable information then blow sh*t up and escape as everything goes to hell behind me. 3. Bar fight- gathering info in a seedy backwater planet. Locals are unfriendly to jedi. I go in disguised but I get knocked over accidentally by some rowdy patrons and my lightsaber either falls out or is exposed. I either draw the blaster or the lightsaber and fend off attackers long enough to escape.
As for destiny it will probably be to redeem myself though that seems a bit obvious. Perhaps I can use my near fall to redeem someone like a sith lord? Perhaps a little ridiculous but I am thinking aloud here.
Right now I am coming up with two If I come up with another one I will post it. 1- As we are fleeing a fight that we can not win. With valuable information on the evil sith. Master Vrook Lamar shows up and starts defending us as we retreat Showing mercy to the enemy. As we are boarding the ship he gets cut down as we all stand watching :-[. 2-For this one it could be a flash back or not to when Ulric left the Mandalorian war. Almost as the above. As Ulric was making his exit he decided to help some refugees board a ship to escape the war but was found out about and had to defend there escape and thus could not leave with them. Had to go to plan B.
3. How did you end your association with Revan's forces? Were you forced to kill some fellow Jedi (who had fallen) in defense of some innocents? Did you simply "disappear" into the crowd and sneak away? Describe the incident.
The above question that you asked earlier would have to be altered if you used the flash back or not I went out with a bang and not like a worm.My taking down a fellow Jedi
1. I want to be a part of a dog fight in the rings of a planet like saturn.
2. I think an interstellar battle with capital ships and fighters could be a lot of fun. that way there will be some target we could attack and then others we may have to avoid and let the capital ships take care of.
3. I want to have an old school style sword fight where they are running up and down ruins