Trailer Stuff Jun 8, 2005 16:51:00 GMT -6
Post by Gigermann on Jun 8, 2005 16:51:00 GMT -6
C'mon, gimme some scenes to use! ;D BTW, this is for the long-term, here, and not just for "next time."
Suggestions So Far:
Suggestions So Far:
As the crew of Deep Space Deliveries LLC are leaving their space dock on Tambarro station an explosion erupts behind them throwing them all to the ground. And as you would say fade to black.
How about we're bugging out of a space station (doesn't necessarily have to be Tamborro) amidst its self-destruction (ala Luke heading for the shuttle while the Death Star is blowing up.) Then, as we break from the station, we enter a vicious light-fight between dozens of ships (all of military model.) Clearly, we don't plan on getting involved in the massive battle but hey, it could happen.
The Bad Omen races through the void, and the camera slowly pans around so it is trailing the ship. Beyond the Omen, we can see the remnants of a destroyed planet that literally looks like it has been shattered. In the distance, the system's star flickers erratically, as if on the verge of collapse itself.
An establishing shot that comes over the shoulder of aghast-looking character (I'll volunteer AJ for this if need be) and then a wide shot of the cargo hold with dozens, maybe as many as a hundred, MONKEYS running wild...
- "Ghost Ship." The crew of the Omen respond to a distress signal and discover a derelict craft smack dab in the middle of nowhere. Upon investigation, they discover that the crew is simply ... gone and whacky things happen. Also, there is no Alien or Predator involvement here.
- "Lost City." I really like the idea of ancient and dead civilizations that once strode across the galaxy/universe, but are now gone. Thus, I totally dig the idea of the characters finding an uncharted world with a Precursor city or something on it (or in it, if it happens to be an ocean world like on Stargate: Atlantis.) And, of course, no Aliens please. The Predators ... well, maybe.
- "Trouble at Home." Since the Station is our home and is effectively a city in space, I'd actually like to see us have some adventures where we don't even leave or get on the Omen. These sort of adventures could be dangerous (like a group of telepathic terrorists show up and are the equivalent of suicide bombers); action/adventure (we get hired to break into another company's (not the Rivals, I hope) office); comedic (a massive shipment of monkeys meets a mishap prior to departure so the entire station is crawling with monkeys); or even plain character-driven (like A.J.'s ex is interested in getting back together or she's getting married or she's discovered that she's dying of cancer or something).
- "Bar Woes." I believe me and Daniel already spoke about this before (and this may very well have originally been his idea), but I thought it'd be hilarious if the characters and our Rivals found ourselves working together to prevent some asshat franchise (like the equivalent of an Evil!Starbucks) from buying out the bar that we always go to. Whacky hijinks ensue.
- "Old Characters." Since I'm the only one who has really created different characters for the various GURPS Space games, this really only applies to me, but I'd like to run into some of the previous characters utilized.
- "EV-Suit Fight." I want to see someone (or a group of someones) have a melee fight in encounter suits. Dunno why.
- "Space Race!" I think it'd be amusing to get involved in some sort of race with multiple ships through the Confederacy.
- "SPECTRE." Honestly, I want A.J. to become a Spectre (which would be, I guess, a covert op for the Confederacy.) It would be wicked neat, I think, if he had to keep the other characters in the dark about this fact, although I'm fine with the other PCs knowing.
- "Farscapey Weirdness." Fans of Mr. Crichton can figure this out. Whether it's us breaking into a "shadow depository" somewhere, or blowing up a moon, or getting suckered into marrying a local princess, I wanna see some weird crap happen to us that ultimately cause everyone to laugh.