Pre-Game General Discussion Nov 28, 2012 14:35:01 GMT -6
Post by WxMAN on Nov 28, 2012 14:35:01 GMT -6
That's not entirely true, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 are relatively unique from what I can tell... of course that may be not seeing the man behind the curtain
- Relax. Don't try too hard. It's like getting an immunization shot in the butt—if you clinch up, you can't pull the needle back out [/personal experience] - Great. I hate needles. Also, trying too hard is just something I do when I have doubts
- Remember: skydiving. Once you're out the door, you will fall back on reflex. No exceptions - Great. I also hate heights. The question will be what my reflex is since this is a novel situation.. I've never really done a two way conversation with a group "live"
- The Players will break the story. Get used to the idea - I know. I expect it. Its the improvising that concerns me
- When we break something, don't try to shoe-horn it—ask for help; don't be afraid to say, "I'm not prepared for you to go that way" - This may be the biggest issue I face. I will keep having to remind myself its alright to not know and ask for help. Thanks.
- The GM's story tools are The Carrot, The Stick, and The Monkey-Wrench; don't get them mixed up - I don't even know how to use any of those yet....
- Ideal: Let the Players write more of the story than you do, and be prepared to surrender your own intentions - That's fine. Its the ideal I would love to strive for eventually, but it will take time...
That is fine with me though like I said, PMs are fine too if anyone has some specific issues they'd rather not just open to the public