Wanted to start a thread in which we can plan out ahead of time what we would like to do on Saturday before the game starts to allow for a smoother flow of the game.
Some current suggestions is the Rumor regarding the Hag that lives along the NW shore of the Tuskwater, and the watch report of the missing child along the western bank of the Tuskwater may be related.
But first I would recommend we investigate into the Brutal Attacks first. Also there are some people that want to start a new town/city in the narlmarshes before this happens we would want to see about taking down the forest drake / possible dragon first.
well, we should probably go for the watch/marshal/city event things first before any rumors. about the town, i dont recommend going for the new town, we barely have our main city operational, we have a good economy, but barely any defences, and there may be an invasion and i want to be ready. watchtowers, walls, barracks, garrisons, that sort of thing. our economy can handle it, but we need some militarization.
So as an order of events we may want to consider the following
1. Tavern Wanted Posters: 1. Wanted! Object of fine Elven craftsmanship. Speak to Lily Teskertin for details. Elven statue will complete this quest...
2. City Events: Upon the parties return, your are made aware of a series of brutal attacks.
A few days ago, some livestock were brutally slaughtered in their pens at an outlying farm; then two people were killed as well - a maid named Saki, who never made it home after her shift at the inn, and shepherd boy named Beven, who (along with his flock) was attacked on his way back to town.
The townfolk are beseeching you for help!
As this is a Current Event that is causing an immediate issue to our kingdom this should get resolved quickly.
3. Watch Report and Town Rumor (possible connection): Missing: Tig Tannersen. Youth of about 10 years has been missing for several days. Last known location was along the western shore of Tuskwater Lake.
I feel that this will also be related to the Rumor of the Hag: A hag known as the Swamp Witch lives in a marsh on the northwest shore of the Tuskwater. She consorts with demons and steals children, boiling them for stew in her magic cauldron.
4. Marshal's Report and City Event (connection): Rumors of a dragon haunting the southern Narlmarches are probably (hopefully) overstated. The evidence indicates that the source of the rumors is merely a forest drake. In any event, it's killing folk and needs to be put down.
Find the drake, kill it and return to town with its head as proof. This should be completed before we allow the City Event of ("My lord, my wife and I (Loy and Latricia Rezbin) have plans and resources to establish a new town. We seek your permission to start this town within the Narlmarches at a ford on the Skunk River. We seek your blessing and support my lord.") takes place.
Let me know what you all think about the above order for this Saturday game.
Post by fronjavier on Jul 13, 2011 15:34:07 GMT -6
Recommendations for our Next Game night
1. Deal with the Rabble Rouser - (As this will effect Town Loyalty if not quickly resolved) Sire, a rabble rouser has been stirring up trouble in the town centre. He speak's of our lord's, "Gross negligence", abandoning the town to, "gallivant through the Narlmarches on fool's errands." Claiming that my lords are responsible for attracting and forcing the monsters from out the forest. He also claims, "they enrich themselves with the treasures they have aquired, and not used any to enrich the town." Sire, a sizable crowd has begun to gather whenever he speaks, how shall we proceed? (The man's name is Grigori)
2. After dealing with the Rabble Rouser head into the Forest/Narlmarches to deal with the forest drake on our way we can hit the below Tavern wanted quests as we have the time, but definitely want to take down the Forest Drake maybe dragon before we give permission to Loy and Latricia Rezbin to start their town
1. Tavern Wanted Poster: Proof of the hodag. My friends don't believe me. While out on wood gathering expedition I was set upon by a rare hodag. I was able to fend it off with my magic spear, the spear stuck into the beast and it ran off. My friends believe I was drinking and lost the spear, if someone can bring me proof of the hodag's demise they can keep the spear, if it is still stuck in the beast. Please help me clear my name! Contact Stas for details.
2. Tavern Wanted Poster: Help! My secret fishing hole is now the home to the legendary Old Crackjaw! Kill or drive off this ill-tempered beast and I will reward you with a magic ring I found in a pike. Contact Arven for details.
3. Tavern Wanted Poster: Wanted! Troll's blood. Seeking troll's blood as catalyst for healing potions. Need at least a waterskin full (one 'donor' should be enough). Reward: 1,200 in potions (hunter's choice). Contact Bokken for any further details.
And if we have time keep an eye out for the Shambling Mounds.
Post by fronjavier on Jul 30, 2011 11:29:36 GMT -6
Thoughts for tonights game
1. Look into the rumors that a secret mystery cult dedicated to the hag-goddess Gyronna has taken root in the town. - This will need to be taken care of before we head out for the trolls.
2. Find out where the Hodag is roaming and maybe head in that direction as we head to the troll lair.
3. Take out the trolls. - We will need to load up on alchemist fire, acid flasks, etc... to prevent the trolls from regening. Also if any of our fighters want to add flaming to their +1 weapon this would cost 6,000gp for the upgrade but will add an additional 1d6 of fire damage to your attacks. Sir Buford or Ulfgar can definitely benefit from this. I would recommend one of you upgrading your weapon before we head for the trolls...
Mark, since we ran out of time the previous game night we were still planning on adventuring forth to the Hodag and trolls before returning to the city... just needed to take up from where we left off during our next game. Taking out the clerics should have only taken us a day in game time right?
Well it looks like we have no other choice really for this coming game but to go after the trolls it seems if we do not resolve the issue now more serious outcomes will happen beyond a letter coming from the swordlords...
In line with the above we would like to send a scouting party to get a general idea of how many trolls we will be dealing with and a general layout of the lair. If it is a cave then simply a precise location of the entrance and/or entrances. The scouts are given strict instructions to not be seen, and that bringing back information to us is their main priority.
Plus, we will officially send a letter to the Swordlords responding that the trolls will be dealt with shortly, and it is of immediate importance to us.
Last Edit: Aug 4, 2011 6:44:27 GMT -6 by fronjavier